Tuesday, September 23, 2008

PST trial 9/21/08...wet but fun!

"Liquid sunshine" was the order of the day when a band of hearty trialers turned out at Goldbar (Sherwood forest, actually) on 9/21/08.

Scores were high, and smiles were wide. Plenty of variety in the sections, which is always nice. I witnessed great camaraderie amongst the riders all day long.

Luke Matlack was the overall winner. The #2 overall rider, when I asked how he did that day, said "I stunk up the place". But I saw him have a number of good rides.

Trials riders are a hearty bunch...on section 8 Mark and I saw one Advanced rider fall maybe 12 feet (his head was maybe 12 FEET off the ground before he landed lying on the ground.) He seemed to just get up and shake it off. Well done. We also saw a wheel dangling off that same ledge, from another rider, as we waited in line to ride that section.

Thanks to Ed Reus & Bob/Kyle Larsen for putting on a fine event! I know personally that Ed (and I'm sure Bob/Kyle) put in a lot of effort on this event.

Next PST event is 10/12/08 at Walker Valley (see PST web site for exact location, however.)

Don't forget the PST annual banquet, Nov. 9th at Shawn O'Donnell's in South Everett. $20 per person, RSVP only. Thousands of dollars worth of prizes. Contact Gary at whlsofyr@hotmail.com

Dale D.

No comments: